BD140 PNP Transistor 80V/1.5A
BD140 PNP Transistor is a medium power bipolar junction transistor that is mainly used for switching and amplification purpose.
BD140 PNP Transistor is a medium power bipolar junction transistor that is mainly used for switching and amplification purpose. It belongs to the PNP transistor category and comes in the TO-126 package.
It is made up of silicon material with collector current 1.5A which indicates it can support loads under 1.5A. The collector-base and collector-emitter terminal voltages are 80V and emitter-base voltage is 5V which is used to bias the transistor.
The BD140 is a medium power bipolar junction PNP transistor that is mainly used for audio amplifiers and drivers utilizing complementary or quasi-complementary circuits.
BD140 is a famous PNP type transistor, it is used in many electronics circuits, this transistor can handle current upto 1.5A or 1500mA, due to which it can be used to drive loads upto 1.5A in electronic circuits, for example high power LEDs, relays, motors and more, with these features.
BD140 PNP Transistor has lots of other features like its high collector emitter and collector base voltage that is 80 volts, make it an ideal transistor to use in circuits using 80 volts DC or below 80 volts.
Moreover the collector dissipation of this transistor is around 12.5 watt due to which it’s a good transistor to use in audio amplifier circuits. The minimum base voltage or saturation voltage of the transistor is -0.5V.
The reason it is mainly known as a current-controlled device for controlling the input current in contrast to FETs (field-effect transistors) that are voltage-controlled devices.
BD140 carries three layers where one is the n-doped layer that stands between the two p-doped layers. The n-layer represents the base pin while the other two layers represent the emitter and collector terminals.
- High current (max. 1.5 A)
- Low voltage (max. 80 V)
- DC Current Gain – hFE = 40 (Min) @ IC = 0.15 Adc
- BD 136, 138, 140 are complementary with BD 135, 137, 139
- Pb-Free Package
BD140 PNP Transistor Specifications: –
- Transistor Type: PNP
- Collector Current(IC): 1.5 A
- Collector-Emitter Voltage (VCE): 80 V
- Package Type: TO-126
- Collector-Base Voltage (VCB): 80 V
- Emitter-Base Voltage (VEBO): 5 V
- Collector Dissipation (Pc): 12.5 W
- DC Current Gain (hFE): 40 – 250
- Storage & Operating temperature: -55 to +150 Centigrade
BD140 PNP Transistor Applications: –
- Moderate Current switching applications
- High Current Relay Driver
- Microphone preamplifiers
- Lighting systems
- Audio Amplifiers
- Medium Power Linear and switching
- Signal Amplifiers
BD140 PNP Transistor Pin Description : –
|Number||Pin Name||Pin Description|
|1||Emitter||Current Drains out through emitter, normally connected to ground|
|2||Collector||Current flows in through collector, normally connected to load|
|3||Base||Controls the biasing of the transistor, used to turn ON or OFF the transistor.|
1 x BD140 PNP Transistor 80V/1.5A
Related Products at majju.pk
- IC 4N35 Optocoupler Opto Isolator NPN Phototransistor
- IC DS18B20 1 Wire Dallas 18B20 Temperature Sensor
- BC548 NPN Transistor 30V/0.1A
- LM7805 Voltage Regulator IC 5V-1A
- TIP122 NPN Darlington Transistor
- 74HC595 Shift Register 7-Segment 8-Bit Serial-in Parallel-Out
- 89C51 IC Atmel AT89C51
- PIC16F88 16F88 Microcontroller In Pakistan
- 50kg Load Cell Half bridge Load Cell SC902
- Store Name: MODERN HALLROAD
- Vendor: MODERN HALLROAD
- No ratings found yet!