Arduino Mega Atmega2560 R3 Microcontroller with Cable
Arduino Mega Atmega2560 R3 Microcontroller Rev3 Board is designed for more complex projects. With 54 digital I/O pins, 16 analog inputs and a larger space for your sketch.
It is the recommended board for 3D printers and robotics projects. This gives your projects plenty of room and opportunities.
Arduino Mega Atmega2560 R3 is designed for most ambitious projects which require additional pins and extra memory.
The Arduino Mega 2560 Rev3 , the successor to the Arduino Mega, is a microcontroller board based on a ATmega2560 AVR microcontroller.
Atmega2560 R3 board is a good match for projects that require more GPIO pins and memory space because it carries 16 analog pins and 54 digital I/O pins out of which 15 pins are used for PWM output.
The board comes with a DC power jack to power up this unit and you can also turn on the board using VIN pin on the board. The unit also supports a USB interface where a USB cable is used to connect the board with the computer.
Arduino Mega Atmega2560 R3 board mainly includes everything which is essential for supporting the microcontroller. So, the power supply of this board can be done by connecting it to a PC using a USB cable.
Mega 2560 Rev3 board can be protected from the unexpected electrical discharge by placing a base plate.
The Arduino Mega 2560 R3 is compatible with most shields designed for the Arduino Duemilanove or Diecimila
Arduino is an open-source physical computing platform based on a simple i/o board and a development environment that implements the Processing/Wiring language.
Arduino can be used to develop stand-alone interactive objects or can be connected to software on your computer.
The open-source IDE can be downloaded for free. The Arduino Mega 2560 R3 has a number of facilities for communicating with a computer, another Arduino, or other microcontrollers.
The ATmega2560 provides four hardware UARTs for TTL (5V) serial communication. The Arduino Mega2560 can program with the free and open source Arduino IDE through a USB connection without needing any extra hardware thanks to its preburnt bootloader.
- User friendly USB programmable Arduino Microcontroller
- Open Source design based on the larger ATmega2560
- 54 digital I/O Pins and 16 analog I/O Pins
- 256 KB of Flash Memory, 8 KB of SRAM, and 4kB of EEPROM
- Clock Speed: 16 MHz
- The ATmega2560 is a Microcontroller
- Operating voltage of this microcontroller is 5volts
- Recommended Input Voltage will range from 7volts to 12volts
- Input voltage will range from 6volts to 20volts
- The digital input/output pins are 54 where 15 of these pins will supply PWM o/p.
- Analog Input Pins are 16
- DC Current for each input/output pin is 40 mA
- DC Current used for 3.3V Pin is 50 mA
- Flash Memory like 256 KB where 8 KB of flash memory is used with the help of bootloader
- Static random access memory (SRAM) is 8 KB
- Electrically erasable programmable read-only memory (EEPROM) is 4 KB
- Clock (CLK) speed is 16 MHz
- USB host chip used in this is MAX3421E
Arduino Mega Atmega2560 R3 Specifications: –
|INPUT VOLTAGE (RECOMMENDED)||7-12V|
|INPUT VOLTAGE (LIMIT)||6-20V|
|DIGITAL I/O PINS||54 (of which 15 provide PWM output)|
|ANALOG INPUT PINS||16|
|DC CURRENT PER I/O PIN||20 mA|
|DC CURRENT FOR 3.3V PIN||50 mA|
|FLASH MEMORY||256 KB of which 8 KB used by bootloader|
|CLOCK SPEED||16 MHz|
Arduino Mega Atmega2560 R3 Applications: –
This board can work as a stand-alone project or can integrate with other Arduino boards, Arduino shields, and raspberry pi boards. This unit recommended for electronic projects that require more memory space and GPIO pins.
The following are the applications of this Arduino mega board.
- Parallel programming and Multitasking
- Can control more than one motors
- Home automation and security systems
- Embedded Systems
- Interfacing of number of sensors
- Sensing and detecting temperature
- Water level detection projects
- Developing 3D printer
- IoT applications
Arduino Mega 2560 R3 Pin Description: –
Digital I/O Pins: There are total of 54 digital I/O pins available on the board which can use to connect the board with external components.
PWM: 15 pins use for PWM which is a process use to control the speed of the motor or brightness of the LED.
LED: This is the built-in LED connect to pin 13. When 5V is provided to this pin, it will turn ON the LED while ground or zero V will turn it OFF.
Analogue Pins: There are 16 analogue pins incorporated on the board marked as A0 to A15. These pins can measure voltage from ground to 5V and each pin is a 10-bit resolution pin.
GND: This board carries 5 ground pins which are used for projects where more than one ground is required.
External Interrupts: Six pins are reserve for generating external interrupts. Those are pin number 0, 3, 18, 19, 20 & 21.
Reset: This is the reset pin of the board. This pin is useful when your code gets stuck in the middle of the running program, pressing this pin will reset the code compiled into the board.
Vin: This is the input voltage of the board which ranges from 6V to 12V, however, recommended input voltage ranges from 7V to 12V.
AREF: This is the analogue reference voltage that is a reference voltage for the analogue inputs.
USART Communication: The board comes with USART serial communication where two pins TX and RX use for the transmission and receiving of serial data.
SPI Communication: The device supports SPI (serial peripheral interface) communication which allows the transmission of data between the controller and other peripheral devices.
I2C Communication: The unit supports the I2C serial communication protocol where two pins 20 & 21 are reserved for this communication. The 20 is an SDA pin which is a serial data line use for holding the data and the 21 is an SCL pin which is a serial clock line use employed for offering data synchronization between the devices.
Arduino Mega Atmega2560 R3 Power : –
The Mega 2560 can power via the USB connection or with an external power supply. The power source selects automatically.
Mega 2560 Rev3 Memory : –
The ATmega2560 has 256 KB of flash memory for storing code (of which 8 KB is used for the bootloader), 8 KB of SRAM and 4 KB of EEPROM (which can be read and written with the EEPROM library).
Related Documents and Links : –
Package : –
1 x Arduino Mega Atmega2560 R3 Microcontroller with Cable
More Products at majju.pk
- KY-023 Analog Joystick Dual Axis XY Joystick Module
- PCA9685 I2C PWM Servo Driver Shield 16- Channel 12-bit
- Gravity Analog Turbidity Sensor for Arduino in Pakistan
- 3X4 Flexible Matrix Keypad 12 Key Membrane Switch Keypad
- Switch Control Panel 1X4 Key matrix Membrane Keypad
- Push Button Keypad Module 4X4 Matrix 16 Button
- RTC DS1307 Tiny RTC Module I2C Real Time Clock Module
- Real Time Clock Module RTC DS3231 AT24C32 I2C
- SMPS 12V 10 Amp Power Supply 12v 10a 120w
- ESP32 Devkit V1 Espressif ESP 32 Wroom 32 Module
- Improved Arduino UNO R3 Board Arduino UNO R3 SMD Edition
- Store Name: sherjaan
- Vendor: sherjaan
- 5.00 rating from 2 reviews